Doing Business

Doing Business with the Department of Human Services


The Kenosha County Department of Human Services (KCDHS) does business with independent agencies and contractors in a number of different settings. Most business transactions between KCDHS and independent agencies are based on the department's need to provide services to individuals in the community. Independent agencies may compete to provide such services through the request for proposal (RFP) process. As a general guideline KCDHS RFP's are announced and made available through this website. 

Kenosha County Department of Human Services (KCDHS), as the local administrative and executive Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) service agency, is announcing a Purchase of Service Request for Proposals (RFP), awarded on a competitive basis for the provision of Energy Assistance/Seasonal.

If you are interested in submitting a proposal for the aforementioned RFP, select the following link: Register to Access RFP Files
. Also see below for additional RFP information.

When registering be sure to include a current email address, as you will receive a confirmation email response with further instructions. If you experience difficulty in receipt of response emails after registering at the above link, please check your spam/email filters, as the filter may not recognize the response email address and may automatically move the email into your spam/junk mail.

PROPOSAL DUE DATE/TIME: July 12, 2019 by 12:00 PM (NOON) Local Time

Required RFP Documents- Select below to access.

RFP Noted Resource Links- Select below to access.

Civil Rights Compliance
A 2018-2021 Civil Rights Compliance (CRC) Letter of Assurance (LOA) is required of all contracted providers, no matter the number of employees, nor the amount of funding received.  The LOA must be submitted to the KCDHS Office of the Director, Contract Management. Contractors with 50 or more employees, and who also receive $50,000 or more in funding, must also have a completed Civil Rights Compliance Plan (CRC) plan in place. The CRC must be made available upon request by any State of WI or Kenosha County representatives. 

The CRC instructions and templates are available at:

Additional Civil Rights Compliance information is available at: 

Other General Information - Select below to access.

American Job Center